• The Business owner is a Fellow of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, but this is not how she is recognised in the town.
• From Twickenham, she attended Richmond-Upon-Thames College, before moving to Southampton (for a boy!) when she was 18.
• Her dream was always to live and work locally, and cycle to work with her dog in the basket.
• Denis and Alex work in the shop, doing all the local deliveries, and keeping it in tip-top shape.
• Her business mantra is – “ Always be prepared ” and “Set up and use a cash forecast”
Have you guessed who it is yet? No?
• Her first job was working at the Three Cooks Bakery, making sandwiches at silly o’clock in the morning.
• Her qualifications include Aromatherapy, Car Mechanics, Photography and more recently she qualified as a Master Herbalist.
• On her rare days off you’ll find her and Pepper, her dog, on walks around Kneller Gardens.
• She is passionate about fairness and equality; striving for that in her business, putting it at the heart of everything she does.
• In the Richmond Business Awards in 2019 she was commended for Best Female Entrepreneur and she is currently a finalist for Independent Beer Retailer of the Year 2021 in the Drinks Retailing Awards.
• Her business is located in Church Street.
It can only be one person, Linda Birch of Brewery Market.
Brewery Market is a draught apothecary dispensing craft brews. It is Linda’s passion project and for her it doesn’t feel like work.
When Linda discovered Craft Beer was a diverse and forward thinking industry she knew she wanted to be a part of it. “ I realised that this could fill a gap in the market in Twickenham, as beyond the traditional pub there wasn’t much to choose from if you wanted something different” Her ‘flavour-driven’ concept is all about matching a beer to an individual’s pallet.
2020 has been a huge challenge for Brewery Market as the Covid rules have meant they can no longer have people drinking in house. “We’ve pivoted more times this year than Ross did trying to get that sofa up the stairs! We have introduced free local deliveries and online virtual events.”
The Online beer tastings, led by a Beer Sommelier, are incredibly popular. For a minimum of 6 people and only £45 per person you are sent a wonderfully curated set of 5 beers and special pairings to snack on.
Currently her most popular beer is Steady Rolling Man, a pale ale from DEYA Brewery, Cheltenham. Incredibly soft and delicate with intense tropical fruit hop aromatics. In order to reduce the use of plastics they also sell refillable metal Growlers. Great for the environment, can be used as a water bottle when not carrying fresh draught beer. They come with a lifetime discount of 10% off your ale purchases everytime you bring them back for a refill.
If you want to know more see www.brewerymarket.co.uk
By Con O’Brien – Business Consultant
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile – 0785 401 3864